Sunday, December 03, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different or VERIZON SUCKS

Hi there!

Want a great new phone that can do almost anything?

The RAZR from Motorola is nifty and neato.

UNLESS YOU GET ONE FROM VERIZON!

With Sync Music you can download your own music library onto the RAZR.

By adding an optional microSD card, you can hold hundreds of songs.

And Motorola designed the RAZR to allow you to use any of those songs as ringtones.

AND VERIZON BLOCKED THAT FEATURE ON THE PHONES THAT IT SELLS!

Why?

So that you HAVE TO BUY RINGTONES FROM THEM!

So, you buy the phone, you buy the Music Connection Kit, you pay the monthly charges (higher than many other wireless services) and then you discover that they paid to have their techies to REMOVE CAPABILITY FROM THEIR PHONES just to screw their customers over.

Neat huh?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle
While I agree that milking the customer is a foolish and distasteful business practice, on the whole I'm not too unhappy with the service that I've gotten from Verizon.
Many of the people that I call are part of that network. The customer service and tech people that I've dealt with have (mostly) been helpful and pleasant.
And, for me, ringtones are not the most important feature of the phone.

Anonymous said...

I agree with J.S. I also thank the good uncle for the heads up. I like Verizon but I will not use thier ringtones.

Uncle Betty said...

Sweetest Pieman,
You miss my point. Ringtones are inconsequential.

It is the fact that Verizon chooses to turn off phone features in order to milk customers for extras that would otherwise be free that disgusts me.

Anonymous said...

Do you have news on the Dog Park, I heard it was passed last night?

Anonymous said...

I am a dog lover and a dog owner, however I feel that money could be spent in a lot more beneficial ways for the community than to finance a dog park.

Anonymous said...

Are John & Mika A up for re-election in 2007?

Anonymous said...

The dog park passed.
The little that it will cost will come out of park dept funds and fees paid bu users of the dog park.
The land was an unused area near the parking lot, the fencing to be used was in storage after being taken town from some other town area a while ago. The wood-chips to be laid down are from huge piles of the stuff left over from chipping tree limbs.

Anonymous said...

I heard that the cost is very small and it would require no additional insurance. I do not own a dog, but I do have children that use the park facilities and I am very happy that the town has a park system for them to enjoy.
I am glad the board passed the dog park and I hope they continue to enhance what our town has to offer because we deserve it!
Just because you will not use it doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.
I bet the town has a service that you may use that I do not, like the leaf bag service. I really don't want my tax dollars going towards this service, but I understand that many do, so I except it.

Anonymous said...

Everyone please take a look at this link!!!! http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp Look up zip code 10917

Anonymous said...

This is the worst topic ever created! Not only does Verizon suck, this blog sucks!

Anonymous said...

You said it!!