Friday, June 27, 2008

The Rules (Woodbury Edition via Ralph Caruso)



Woodbury is a wonderful place to live as long as you understand the rules.

There are various types of rules.

There are the rules which only apply in certain places. For example:
"Two acre zoning is high density, but my 1/3 of an acre lot isn't."

There are rules which only apply at certain times. For example:
"Creating a village will prevent annexation and will not change the fire company until everyone finds out that that isn't true at which time I, retroactively, never said it."

And then there are the unchanging rules: development is bad and so is selling your house. This is most clearly stated as:
"If you don't live here you can't come and if you do live here you can't leave."




Just follow the rules and all will be well.




Until Ralph changes them again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ralph's rule number one:

"Do what I say, not do what I do"

Anonymous said...

And. If I want your opinion I'll give it to you.

Anonymous said...

and: Do not talk unless I talk to you first.